Selling your home can be both exciting and stressful, especially when it comes to preparing it to be show-ready for potential home buyers. Take a look at this short video of the important 3 D's of staging: De-Personalize, De-Clutter, and Deep Clean! You can view the complete list below the video. Enjoy!
- You are moving so pack up your personal items and put them in the garage
- People don't want to visit your home — they want to imagine themselves living in it, and it being theirs
- De-personalize means the home should look fresh and neutral. Pack up pictures, trip mementos, heirlooms, and valuables
- Take down all magnets from the refrigerator
- Any collections should be packed away. You might enjoy 100 Lego mini-figures but the average person may not be so excited!
- Its all about the details, so no robes on the back of doors, no makeup in the bathroom or bedroom, or other personal items left on the counters
- Clean out all closets. Closets look bigger with less clothes in them.
- Sort through your old clothes, if you haven't worn them in 6 months consider donating them or again pack them away and put them in the garage
- Go through the kitchen cabinets and recycle old lids that don't match. Clean out all the plastic bags you have been saving.
- Call donation centers and see who picks up to save yourself from having to move things. Put a pile at the end of your driveway, take a picture and post it on Craigslist as Free Stuff. Sell items that you can let go of on OfferUp or Craigslist app.
3. DEEP CLEAN. Spotless is the goal.
- Wash the windows and power wash the house , porches, and walkways.
- Kitchen cabinets should be wiped down with Murphys soap.
- All bathrooms scrubbed.
- Dust, polish the furniture.
- Move the beds and dressers and vacuum behind them.
- Buy new shower curtains
- Trash cans should be bleached.
- Consider shampooing the carpets or polishing the wood floors.
- All baseboards, light switches, doors and high traffic walls should be cleaned and repainted if needed.
- If you aren't skilled in the cleaning arts, hire someone! Get help but most importantly get your house spotlessly clean.
If you have pets get them out of the house for at least a week before and consider boarding them or hiring a dog sitter who will keep them for a few weeks.
ANY OTHER TIPS TO GET YOUR HOME READY FOR SALE?
Comment below, we want to hear from you!